Christmas In July 2022
Why do Australians celebrate Christmas in July?
For many Aussies, the fact that December 25th arrives in the dead heat of summer makes a surfing Santa Claus nothing to bat an eye at. With temperatures ranging from 25-40℃, even Rudolph would stop for a quick dip on his flight down under.
Due to the seasons of the Southern Hemisphere, Christmas in Australia is better suited to a beer on the beach than the fireside. There’s a strong attachment to the tradition of celebrating Christmas in cold weather. As July is generally our coldest month of winter, our Christmas in July celebrations emulate the atmosphere of the northern hemisphere winter. So that means hearty food like roasts, and warm drinks in front of fireplaces. That’s why there’s a somewhat unique tradition to celebrate Christmas in July.
What date is Christmas in July?
Christmas in July, which in Australia, is also known as Yulefest or Yuletide is generally celebrated on July 25th. Even if it isn’t an "official" celebration, the colder weather still brings with it a special level of cosiness. Christmas in July is not celebrated by everyone, but its popularity is definitely growing.
Here are some good reasons to celebrate Christmas in July:
• It is a perfect opportunity to enjoy all those great wintery holiday traditions and treats. July is cooler and more suited to a wintery celebration.
• Having a Christmas in July celebration is a way to bring a bit of excitement and cheer to the cold, rainy, dreary days and dark-early July evenings.
• Christmas in July gives us a chance to do things we may not normally take or make the time to do, like ski in the snow-covered mountains or go ice skating
• Christmas is one of the most loved holidays, no matter where you live. Who wouldn’t want it twice a year?
How we can help you celebrate Christmas in July
• Christmas themed gifts for the kids
• Centre pieces for the perfect Christmas in July table setting
• Hanging decorations for your tree
• Mugs for that lovely hot drink by the fire or wine glasses for mulled wine!
• Colourful and quirky Christmas socks
• and soooo much more!
We've got a great range of cute and quirky Christmas gifts and decorations. Find the perfect gift no matter how hard-to-buy-for they are, we've got a gift idea.
Christmas in July Gifts Australia, sending Christmas gifts overseas?
Our Australian-designed decorations are great to send to loved ones living overseas with beautiful locally designed Koalas, Kangaroos, and Wombats on light weight decorations.
We’ve got the best range of Christmas Decorations and Christmas Themed Gifts for the coldest holiday around.
With free gift wrapping (including Christmas wrap) and free shipping with online orders $100 or more make Spoilt Gift and Homewares your Christmas in July one-stop shopping destination!